Thursday, August 11, 2005

Bring It On


Stephane and I use to wash ourselves with Original Source Lavender scented shower gel. Claiming to have real lavender extract, it was a fragrant and pleasant way to wake up in the morning (or late afternoon - depending on your state of employment). I would often enjoy those early sleepy moments when Stephane would kiss my drowsy neck goodbye as he went to work and I would deeply breath in a faint smell of lavender fields baking in the sun and Right Guard Sport.

Well, this purple shower gel has since been all used up, and I let Stephane pick out the next form of body lather. He chose the same company, Original Source, but chose the fragrance of mint. Mint, you say? Yes, its a little odd, but I thought why not give it a go. This will be certain to wake me up that much more than lavender. And of course, Original Source claim to have real mint extract in this very green version. They also have slightly different directions on the back of the packaging. While Lavender said: Stay Calm the mint version said: Bring it on. Now while I think this was a fabulous movie with that little hottie Kirsten Dunst, I do not think its something I want my shower gel to be saying to me.

Have you ever accidentally gotten mint in an open wound? Or perhaps even just a recently shaved armpit? Ever wonder what it might feel like to gargle mint listerine with your butthole? Buy this soap and you'll find out! This stuff STINGS. Like really stings, but with an odd cooling sensation, like the first half of when you apply Icy Hot. This is not a pleasant experience for certain, ahem, sensitive bits that one is accustomed to washing while taking a shower. I don't know why anyone would make a shower gel that is physically painful to use. Stephane doesn't mind it. Says he enjoys the "tingle". I may have a lesser pain threshold than him, but while I enjoy being known as Candy ass, Mint butt is not a moniker I'd like to try on.

I've switched to Dove.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Considering this post and the one a couple of days ago, you really really love taking showers, don't you?

Lauren said...

actually I prefer long drawin out bubble baths, but you take what you can get

Anonymous said...

Go to Lush and get one of their forzen shower packs - a pack of individual little ice cube style blobs and you keep the pack in the freezer. Stephane will love the tingles these babies send down your back...
Good talkin' to ya last night Laz - you should see Sarah, she looks soooo cute! xx

Lauren said...

Kate, I miss you girls so much. am going to look for flights to paris now.

Anonymous said...

Wikid! We miss you too. Too much. It would be so cool if you could come in the week of the 22nd August - I'm off the whole time! There's gotta be somethin' cheap out there! We need to nip this boys-in-the-5th-bar thing in the bud and remind them who's boss before they get too stuck in their ways. And we need you here to help us do it. A-M's off that week too, she starts her new job in September. Think about it lady.

Danielle said...

Dove is my favorite... Our mental umbilical cord must be working again (or still). I just wrote about showers before I read this. Craziness. But you know, surprisingly, I have never thought about gargling listerine with my butthole before.

Lauren said...

yeah. Don't. Its not fun.

Anonymous said...

I think mint is one of the most foul scents there is...I even gag when I smell someone chewing gum.

You may be better off doing a shot of Tequila and a line of coke to give you that tingle in the morn?

Lauren said...

Not a bad idea Meme. Would certainly give me something to wake up for in the mornings. Does your coke dealer sell abroad?

Anonymous said...

I actually enjoy the refreshing quality of mint. It's nice when you live without AC in 100+ heat. I don't use shower gel but I use "ice tea" shampoo and conditioner that is made with cooling mint. It tingles on my scalp and is its own AC on my head. The first time I used it though I thought my scalp was tearing open and my blood was seeping out. That may be, but I still use it.

Lauren said...

if I lived in NYC with over 100 degrees, i might enjoy this mint shower gel on certain areas. But I live in the east midlands of england. It just doesn't get that hot here.