Sunday, September 25, 2005

...the mice will play

There's a dead rat outside of my apartment building. I got off work early (last day of temping!), had a leisurly lunch of toasted brie and bacon "provencette" at Le Petit Francais. Which is actually a panini, don't know where they got the word provencette, first time Stephane and I ate there we noticed that everything french was slightly askew. But I digress. The rat. Quite startling to see a medium sized rodent out on the street, lying on its back. I'm not even sure if it's completely dead, I could have sworn I saw its pink little hand wave at me, but I'm sure these visions are quite common when you come upon a dead furry stranger, imagining it might still be alive. I wonder if it ate posion. He's actually quite cute. Perhaps even someone's pet. If I had film I'd immortalize him with my Canon, but the best I can do is write about him in blogland.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

the rat is gone. I kind of miss him. And when it started raining I felt a pang of guilt that he was still outside. If it had been "that time of the month" I probably would have cried.

Danielle said...

remember when we had mice in out apt in ithaca? i'm straining to remember what happened. i think we were considering leaving the dead mouse and mouse trap in a paper bag outside the apartment owner's door? I can't remember if we were thinking about it, or did it.

Lauren said...

I think we might have done that...although that seems a bit foolish since we lived just above our landlord...

Kira W said...

This is a greeat post thanks